Friday, August 3, 2012

Load, Unload, Glue, Sand, Paint, Load

Krista and I have been movin' and shakin'! With a little help from our 20-somethings (thank goodness for strong backs!), we were able to move a heap of furniture into Krista's barn over the weekend.
Pictured above is an old doll highchair seat that I've had forever. I put a couple little legs on the back so it would sit flat and made it into a little tabletop 'chair' for holding cute things.

The 137th annual Barnesville Picnic and White Elephant Sale were held last Saturday. I scored a bunch of stuff. A kid's highchair got a bit more distressed when it fell off the back of my truck into the middle of the highway. Whoops!

We also accrued at least 6 pieces of retro, black 50's furniture....for free!!! I love freecycle! Forrest and Michelle are good sports helping out (I did witness lots of eye rolling though)

During the week I truck on over to Krista's and we either work in the pool house on smaller stuff or in the barn on the bigger furniture. 

We have a new rule (after today) that we will take before pictures of everything so we can tell how ugly things we were before we worked our magic on them.

So, a before of a little coffee table with a glass top.

A couple coats of the very palest blue does wonders.

A little brown table is yearning for some paint.

done





Cheery little step stools. Would be perfect for a child to step up to brush their teeth or as a table top with  a bouquet of flowers on top.

I pick up these silver or stainless steel trays at thrift shops and yard sales, spray different colors and paint the center with chalkboard paint. We'll have little felt erasers and chalk included.

I adore milk glass. I love it's opaqueness and bumps.

They look so good as a collection.

This little beauty was the ugliest green.

But now she's sporting a soft yellow, to match the sunny skies of August. 

No comments:

Post a Comment