Sunday, January 6, 2013

Pickin' & Junkin'

ohboyohboyohboy! Today was a great day for pickin' and junkin'! I got lots of cool, old rusty stuff. Went to Pennsylvania looking for treasures.

And I found them! Love this old oil can. 

And this little 2-drawer file bin was a great find. 

Chicken feeder (I'll have to check Pinterest for unique ideas), a wooden mallet and a very different wooden shoe form.

I have a thing for rusty tool boxes/trays, especially colored ones. Would look great on a dining room table filled with mason jars with flowers.

Daaa-reamy lunch box. Could hold napkins and silverware for an outdoor party.

Perhaps this was my favorite find of the day. A perfect chippy, red, green and white step stool. Love the patina this bad boy has. 

In my kitchen it goes for a bit anyway.

Cool bee glasses and a honeycomb jar. How sweet!



Can't you just see lemonade (both pink and yellow) for a summer soiree?

little child's hanger, kinda scary characters but cute nonetheless.


 I know this desk needs some work, but it has good bones and will be really awesome when I'm done with it. Will keep you posted.

 How cute is this buggy?

This looks like a GIANT film thing. I'm not sure what it is but that it's awesome!

It's nearly 4' tall. Don't you have room in your loft apartment?

 These old office chairs would work so great for a kitchen island.

This old screen would be great for an earring holder or clip some old photos to it.

Another score were these two antique screen doors. Gotta take off the lattice though. 

 I bought them because of these old hinges. Way cool.

 Have some hats and coats to hang?

 Will spray this brass lamp with my favorite orb (oil rubbed bronze), screw an old Edison light bulb into it and call it a day.

Put something on a pedestal and adore it.

I love oil cans. I, squeezed the handle on one of these at the store and, surprise!, out came oil. Oops!

If you want to know the weight of anything (smaller than 15 lbs.), this one still works. Or store bathroom towels on it. Cute!



These silver tongs work well for salad servers. 



 Crates have heaps of uses. Stack 'em for storage, display absolutely anything in them, stand upright for a shelf......


same thing with old drawers.

Can't have enough silver trays. This one has such a nice scalloped edge.

These vintage thermoses are collectible right now. And they can be used for keeping things hot or cold! Bonus!

NOw to just get all this stuff back home from Cumberland. I don't have my trusty truck, so will have to cram as much in the car as I can. Yea for junking!


No comments:

Post a Comment