Friday, August 17, 2012

OK. I Guess We're Ready!


I drive up to Krista's barn, Chirp headquarters, nearly every day to splash color on plain wood furniture.  I laugh every time I see their bright red truck smiling at me from the barn doors. 
Isn't this about the most perfect work place to spend summer days? 

Two more finished chairs. I just picked up 4 more in Cumberland.

A child's toy chest, which was once a tool chest. 

Once a tv console (remember those?!), now a dog bed.

I picked up 4 pieces of this 1960's furniture, which I actually had the same set growing up. 

I know there doesn't appear to be too much of a difference, but getting rid of the gold embellishments helps a lot. 

before....


after

work in progress...

finished. 


Krista refinished three of these 'Waterfall' pieces from the late 1930's. We thought this one looks like a tiny refrigerator.

Another high boy done. 

I don't know why we found so many dressers, but we just kept bringing them in. 


I had no idea we would fill this huge box truck. I thought we would load everything into our two pickup trucks and my trailer. But when we looked at all we had, we decided, the box truck it is. 

Krista trying to make room for everything.

and the chairs...awaiting their new homes. Wish us luck!
Wish us luck! I hope we don't have to haul all this stuff back to the barn! 

No comments:

Post a Comment