Monday, August 13, 2012

Spools and Spindles

 
 Up in Cumberland this week, I checked out some yard sales in the area. This spool bed came from 
The Castle, a stone home built in 1940 in Savage, Maryland. The bed was stored away for years in the carriage house. 

 It was dirty and dusty but such a delightful find. 


But all those spindles/spools to clean, prime and paint!

But I love to get right to work on a piece the same day I get it, so after putting on my grubby clothes, I got down to it.

I decided to use spray primer to save some time on those curves. 

I kinda got in a zen zone painting them. 

They are just so cute. I imagined the furniture maker, slowly turning the wood to form these exact forms, spindle after spindle. I was happy to just have to paint them. Now to distress and wax the bed and it's ready for the sale this weekend. It will look so awesome with a lace bedspread and some of Krista's pillows. Can't wait! Come see us at our first sale at 'On a Whim', near Luckett's, Virginia, August 18 & 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment